Our year-round internship program is designed to provide students with an educational experience that compliments their academic studies. It also provides an opportunity to observe and participate in the daily work and operations of a professional television station. The objective is to enhance the students' understanding of the broadcasting business and to reinforce their desire to further pursue a career in broadcasting.
Areas of concentration include, but are not limited to:
* News Reporting, Newscast Producing, Photography, Assignment-Editing,Weather and Sports
All applicants must be:
* At least 18 years old
* A junior or senior currently enrolled in an accredited college or university, pursuing a degree with
emphasis in journalism, communications, or a related field
* Intending to complete the internship for credit at the respective college or university
To apply, you must submit :
* One copy of your resume outlining any other internships, degrees earned, work experience,
related clubs and organizations, current major course of study, and expected graduation date
* A Cover Letter which must include:
Statement verifying eligibility to receive school credit for internship and which semester you wish to intern
Days and times you are available during the internship period
Applications must be received at least six weeks prior to the start date of the semester in which you wish to participate in the internship program. Applications are accepted as far as six months in advance and evaluate on a first-come, first-serve basis.
For more information, please contact:
Jack Brooks, News Director
625 Douglas Street
Sioux City, Iowa 51101
(712) 255-9999 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.