The Director coordinates the efforts of all technical operators during newscasts and other live and recorded productions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Coordinates the efforts of all technical operators during newscasts and other live and recorded productions.
• Supervises and assigns duties to workers engaged in technical control and production of programs.
• Observes pictures through monitors, and directs camera/video staff concerning composition.
• Acts as a liaison between engineering and production departments.
• Works with the news producers to deliver a clean and high energy newscast.
• Trains camera and CG operators on the proper operation during live broadcasts.
• Switches video sources and gives direction at the same time during live broadcasts.
• Tests equipment to ensure proper operation.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
• High school diploma.
• Fluency in English.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Minimum two years' experience in news operations and production.
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
• Proficiency with broadcast control equipment.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Director must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Director must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
Contact Daniele Feenstra at 712-224-6735 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Close date 7/26/14. Rush your application online at:
Please discuss this position with your supervisor before applying.